Python For Finance
For the last few years, the Financial Industry is growing at a tremendous speed, and it is adopting technology at a faster pace. Jobaaj.com, via its EduTech arm Jobaaj Learnings has been working as a consultancy firm for the last several years. While interacting with thousands of students, we realised how the future of finance is going to look like.
There will be an exponential growth in the adoption of technology. Many working finance professionals in a survey told us how technology’s role is growing over the last five years and how their companies prioritise the candidates having technical knowledge. We have created an all-in-one python course with no prerequisites and focusing only on practical-based learning to help our finance professional.
The All in One course will help the students, and working professionals put their first step into the programming world. This course would help the students learn Python. The students will be implementing what they are learning through time. Python is being used in Data Analysis, Data Science, Investment Banking, Machine Learning, Financial Modeling.
In this course, we will be learning basic python to intermediate level, There are various programming languages, but we are using Python as Data Scientists on a large scale are using it. We can use python for financial analysis by using the real-world financial data and analyse it in Jupyter notebooks
Significant Highlights of The Course
- Introduction to Python? And introduction about Colab.
- Most comprehensive Python course with online video lectures
- Video Lectures and Quizzes
- Worksheets at the end of each section
- Taught by qualified Python professional
- Projects at the end of the course
What is this course all about?
Python for Finance course will help the students learning Python from the beginners level. This course doesn’t require any prior knowledge related to programming; anyone who hasn’t written even a single line of Code in life can start this course.
A beginner can start learning Python right from lecture one and create his/her journey into the programming world. It includes worksheets of every topic, Assignments like GitHub Optimisation, LinkedIn Optimisation, and a Capstone project, which will help them uplift their skills.
The course lessons are mostly practical-oriented, and most of the topics are covered in the workspace only by executing the concepts into the existing programs. Each module ends with a Quiz that contains practical questions related to the course, and students are encouraged to answer the questions before moving further.
Quizzes for practice
Apart from module end questions, this course also contains quizzes at the end of every section. Also, we have provided worksheets, assignments, and projects for practice purposes.
Instructor support for questions
Get connected with Instructor over WhatsApp. We at Jobaaj understand that students will have questions related to the course. It is also necessary for a healthy learning process; hence, We encourage students to ask their questions about the videos discussion forum. Our team will answer every question as soon as possible.
Still thinking about whether to enrol or not, we encourage you to watch some of the preview videos and test the waters before you enrol in the course.
There are no prerequisites for this course. We will start the journey from very scratch. Also, the coding part would be done on Google Colab, cloud-based software and will help us execute Code.
Who this course is for:
- If you are a Finance student with no prior knowledge of Python and want a comprehensive approach with lots of practice questions, this course is for you. This course will help you in improving your resume and skills. It will help the candidates to stand out in the competition.
- If you are a working professional looking to upgrade his/her skills and learn new and advanced topics in Python, we would like you to enrol in this course for the same. As the financial industry is adopting Python with pace, it is going to be a significant step towards success
- Lectures 138
- Quizzes 12
- Duration 20 week
- Language English & Hindi
- Students 589
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes
Flow of Control
- Types of Statements in Python
- Statement Flow Control
- If Statement & If-Else Statement
- Elif Statement & Nested If Statement
- Quiz 6
- The Range() Function
- Iteration/Looping Statements
- Quiz 7
- Worksheet 4.1
- Worksheet 4.1 Solutions
- Worksheet 4.2
- Worksheet 4.2 Solutions
- Worksheet 4.3
- Worksheet 4.3 Solutions
Working with Files
Pandas Crash Course ( To Be Released )
- Intro to Pandas
- Hands-on Pandas Inspection of Data
- Built-in Functions, Attributes and Methods
- Tips and tricks for better productivity
- Selecting Columns
- Selecting Rows with iloc & loc
- Pandas Series
- Importing Time-Series data from CSV File
- Converting strings to datetime objects
- Initial Analysis and Visualization of TimeSeries
- Indexing and Slicing Time Series
- Initial Inspection and Visualization of Financial Time Series
- Normalizing Time Series to a Base Value (100)
- Hands-on: Importing Excel-Files to Python
Visulaization with Pandas and Matplotlib ( To Be Released )
Importing Financial Data from Yahoo Finance ( To Be Released )
Importing Financial Data from Alpha Vantage ( To Be Released )
- Getting Data of TESLA Stock by YFinance
- Customising the Stock Data by YFinance
- Stock Split and Dividends by YFinance
- Exporting to CSV/ Excel File by YFinance
- Importing multiples stocks and Financial Indexes Data by YFinance
- Importing Currency Exchange & CryptoCurrency Data by YFinance
- Importing Mutual Funds, ETFs & Treasury Yields Data by YFinance
- Stock Fundamentals, Meta Info and Performance Metrics by YFinance
- Financials (Balancesheet, Cashflows, P&L) by YFinance
- Financials (Balancesheet, Cashflows, P&L) by YFinance
- Put and Call Options by YFinance
- Stream Real Time data from YFinance by YFinance
Importing Financial Data from FXCM ( To Be Released )
- Register and get your API Key on Alpha Vantage
- Hands on API
- Getting Data of TESLA Stock by Alpha Vantage
- Setting specific Time Period
- Stock Split and Dividends by Alpha Vantage
- Converting to DatetimeIndex
- Frequency Setting
- Real time data and Technical Indicators
- Importing Currency Exchange & CryptoCurrency Data by Alpha Vantage
Importing Financial Data from OANDA (for US & Canadian Residents) ( To Be Released )
Importing Financial Data from EOD ( To Be Released )
- Getting Data of TESLA Stock by EOD
- Customising the Stock Data by EOD
- Stock Split and Dividends by EOD
- Importing multiples stocks and Financial Indexes Data by EOD
- Importing Currency Exchange & CryptoCurrency Data by EOD
- Importing Mutual Funds, ETFs & Treasury Yields Data by EOD
- Stock Fundamentals, Meta Info and Performance Metrics by EOD
- Financials (Balancesheet, Cashflows, P&L) by EOD
- Put and Call Options by EOD
- Stream Real Time data from YFinance by EOD
- All about Bond Data – Fundamentals, Ratings, Historical Prices and Yields
- Bulk Data Download by EOD
Capstone Project Stock Market Data Analysis ( To Be Released )
Reviewing after completing 50% of the courseReviewing after completing 50% of the course. I am a finance guy and I know that in my field, knowing just finance is not enough, programming is becoming an essential part if you wanna sustain in the finance industry for the long term. Keeping this in mind, I started learning python in-depth and enrolled myself in this course. Trust me what you will be paying for this course will be worth it!
easy-to-understand instructionThe course has wholly fulfilled my expectation with detailed and easy-to-understand instruction. Especially, it's really compatible with a person who has no prior experience in Python like me.
Great course for someone new to PythonGreat course for someone new to Python like me. - The quality of the videos and presentations was outstanding. - The additional Quizzes provided were useful to revise the topics studied. - The Worksheets provided throughout the course were very useful to apply in practice the material studied Overall practical oriented course
This course gives insightThis course gives insight into how python can be used in the Financial Sector, though I was unsure of how applicable it is, as it seems simplified. learned a lot about python in this course Would recommend it to a beginner of python and intermediate finance student.
This is very informative courseThis is a very informative course that helped me to come out of my shell and be more confident while speaking in front of my friends I feel like I took away a lot of important points from the course and would definitely recommend them. This course also helps me to build my strength in the programming field, and I am very grateful to share that having knowledge of python succeed me to get a job in the finance field. So I am again saying thanks to jobaaj learnings and instructor for such a great course at that reasonable prices, and I surely recommend it to my friends ...